Thursday, July 21, 2011

Interviewing and the works

Had my first official interview this morning. A Senior Project Manager position for an ad firm downtown. I meet with a contact from Carlson Marketing early August, hoping to explore an open position there as Account Executive. In addition to my constant exploration of opps at Target.

The YMCA marketing department is hiring as well, I'm hoping my seasonal membership will pull some clout ;)

I accidentally used the word sexy in the interview this morning, HR seemed to find it funny and fitting though (wiping forehead sweat). I was describing the not so sexy world of project management juxtaposed with my strategy concept experiences, and yet, there is joy I get in owning the day to day work of campaigns, versus handing it off after strategy. Plus, when the world is all right and perfect, project managers work hand in hand with their strategists and even have client facing time.

We shall see. No matter what, God is God, and we still have a place to live, and a bag of rice in the cupboard. Matt has picked up some construction jobs too. All is well.

1 comment: