Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Honey and Water

I have been joking the last week or so, that my new office is Caribou and Starbucks, as I find myself there for hours at a time through out downtown, meeting with old colleagues and past managers, trying to determine the Marketing landscape right now and job opportunities that may exist.

I slapped on the heels this morning and dusted off my fancy purse to go meet an Events rep from Target. I purposefully got there 30 minutes early, and while I was waiting at the Starbucks, I watched a man come in, plainly dressed amid professional suits. He had a little gym like bag with him, nothing else. He walked up to the counter and ordered a water with ice. Nothing surprising I suppose, in our 100 degree humidity, but then again, why Starbucks for tap water? After receiving his drink he passed by the condiment counter and grabbed a handful of packets... "Sugar?" I wondered. He then sat down in a corner, and without rush, opened a packet of honey and squeezed it into the drink. I watched him with each packet, at least 6 I am sure. He barely stirred it, and started sipping.

Looking down, I decided, I didn't need to buy coffee. I could just make some when I got back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment