Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back to normal...

...The last 2 weeks have been full of backpacks and pictures and immigration crossings and "do you have the passports or do I?" ... so now, for the sake of our pockets and my husband's blood pressure... we are back to somewhat of a routine. I will start schooling back up tomorrow morning. I need to do some cost comparisons with the office there, but I am pretty sure I will be splitting the group class setting with private lessons, if not all private lessons. Matt is opting out of school for February and will be volunteering at an orphanage near by- about 20 minutes walking from our apartment.

Keeping in prayer how I am going to fill the in between, but I am thinking a little bit of exercise, job searching, writing, reading...I have an over due art piece to finish as well.

We have confirmed with the missionary family in Mexico that we will come and assist in their community outreach starting the end of March. We were able to work it out with our landlords to cut the lease short. We also have received exciting reports on the growing youth involvement with several initiatives (basketball, guitar lessons, dance lessons, ESL, bible studies) and there is a strong chance that a purchase will be going through on a new building to use for community activities. Matt is hoping there will be some construction projects he can get started as well. We will be there through June for sure. Rod Fry and his family are one of the main CAM missionaries there. Here is his blog link if you are interested in hearing more about the ministry we will be a part of: www.ixtapalucafryed.blogspot.com

With late March being our leave date from Costa Rica, that leaves me less than 2 months to take advantage of formal schooling. I would really like to get through all the advanced levels. I had a rush of encouragement this morning during church. With traveling we missed the last 2 weeks and they were eager to hear updates on what God had been doing in our lives. I am not sure where it came from, but the words and the conjugations just started flowing... I didn't sweat as much as normal either. I was able to share the Diego story too! Even Matt leaned over after and congratulated me... Of course, we offset the victory by spending the rest of the evening speaking English with our good friends Dave and Jenna watching the Superbowl (Jenna used to attend the language school, her husband Dave runs a call center in Escazu a little outside of San Jose) at a restaurant called, "Time Out Tavern."It is American owned and they play Futbol Americano in English on big screens. Took a pic or too...

1 comment:

  1. ok so i have a friend who looks EXACTLY like this girl.... like its seriously scary. her name is Amy barnard if u wanna see her on fb.

    ReplyDelete