Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Highlights- Montezuma

We stayed at a homey hotel, about 200 paces from the beach. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Horseback riding was our favorite, but in close second was our discovery of "La playa colorada" a small beach where a fresh water stream meets the ocean and there is an array of colored rocks. I just finished cleaning them and putting them in glass jars around the apartment. We packed snacks and went out in search for it late morning, stayed through the afternoon. Breezy and shady to help us recover from our burnt skin (really just Matt's burnt skin :))

We rented boogie boards -$6 for the whole day. I felt like I was 8 again, when you don't want to leave the water even though you have sand everywhere...everywhere. It was a ton of fun. The most classic is after I literally was flung around under a huge wave and I stood up and screamed to Matt "Did you see me eat that one?!" And in my peripheral I see this little boy staring at me. Matt finally got my attention... my top was off.

We had 3 very special neighbors to our hotel room. A family of bats, that frequently slept right above our door. A family of 3 or 4 foot lizards (no exaggeration) that lived in between our ceiling and the tin roof. Sometimes they would lose there holding and slide down the slant and you could hear their claws and belly's sliding down the wall and then plopping onto the dirt like a bag of sand . It was disgusting.

The most frightening and honestly, I almost peed my pants, was waking up to Godzilla outside of our window. You don't believe me? I am posting the video. I ran out of battery, but you can catch the call. It turns out a "mantled howler" lived in the tree right outside our window and right before sunrise, he would make himself known. He made my receptivity to the little monkeys (mono-itos) much easier.

Check out the pics/video.

2 comments:

  1. Bahahahahahahah!! your top was offff!!!! this time i literally laughed out loud!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..thats messed up. Embarrassing moment #1

    ReplyDelete