Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

The lawn is white for the first time this winter. Christmas lights are on, can't bring ourselves to take it down when the limbs are still green. Maybe a mid Jan. bonfire one of these 10 degree Minnesota nights. Sunday night football on in the background and some random kids on the corner waiting at the bus stop. Grandma went south for the winter, the house has been fairly quiet as a result. No MASH or Walker Texas Ranger theme songs lately. Can't say I miss them quite yet.

Spent New Year day helping a girlfriend paint her apartment white in preparation for moving. In the evening I helped throw a NYE party for the Say Yes girls. Sweet time of pizza, indoor double dutch, a little dance and a movie. Brought in the New Year with Matt and some family.

I have been editing one-off essays for an education assistance firm out of India. Kept me busy the past couple weeks, in between holiday meals and family time.  Matt is on break, he goes back to work Tuesday... so I figure I will too. But, not before a day with my younger sisternlaws and niece. Having them all over tomorrow to watch a marathon of "Anne of Green Gable" VHS tapes. Classic.

2 comments:

  1. Are you trying to give credibility to the fact that you're an "avid blogger."? Going down to 37° tonight in Mexico City, burrr. My son David is here and says "hola". ~Rod

    ReplyDelete