Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bebe

2 weeks ago I was frying potatoes when I literally left the stove on and the spatula in it, to appease an itching suspicion. I took a pregnancy test and there were 2 lines. I showed Matt and he went into shock mode for about 3 hours. He went for a run, took a walk, shower and a nap in that window of time. Processing. We took another test Thursday morning in case it was a defect but no, another second line. Matt has had them both sitting on his night stand since then. Memoirs... I think. 

This to say, we are very happy. Gregariously happy actually, we have been telling pretty much everyone we run into. "Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks..." It was somewhat earlier than expected, but God is good and perfect with his gifts and their timing. I feel very normal, so much so that I worry I will show up for my first appointment Nov 14th and the nurse is going to laugh at me and send me home for a mistaken self diagnosis... Matt assures me that won't happen.

Yep, so there it is. 7 weeks now I think... according to my experienced sister n laws who understand how to calc these things. Just hoping for a strong heart beat at the check-up. Don't worry, I will not turn the blog into an expectant mom journal. At least, that's not the plan.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! What a little blessing God has growing inside you :) I will be praying for your little Miller and pray for the continued health throughout this 9-month journey! What fabulous news to hear, I'm so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sister! Pretty excited. A little quuueessy too, but that's the bittersweet part I'm told :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...Matt has had them both sitting on his night stand since then." Ummm, Eew. You peed on them. Its time to throw them away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Briana! You're my favorite :) Way to keep it real haha, My coaches tell us that the queasiness ends not later than week 14?...so you're over half way there? I have my OB clinical of nursing school next semester so I'm sure there is much more to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, but the pee part is inside a plastic cap. I cant even believe I am responding to this ... sigh. Ashley Joy- would you be interested in meeting with my sisternlaw? She is going to be a frehsman next year and wants to go into nursing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wait! I was so confused for a second... I read Ashley's post and thought it was Alyssa cuz your middle names are joy. weird. umm Ajoy I don't understand how that is any better! lol love you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to meet your sister-in-law! {Though a warning, I am definitely partial to St. Kate's} Right now I'm pretty busy the next couple weeks, fb/ email is a good way to get a hold of me.
    Love you to Bri"ana" haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That's really exciting news :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise God! Congratulations :D Expectant mom journals are cool too!

    ReplyDelete