Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Family Visit




Short and sweet. My family came in for 4 days and it was a whirl, but a good whirl. Lots of laughs, stories, rain forest, sites and good food. Our neighbor let us borrow his 83' landcruiser for transportation too. The first day was just Danelle and Gordon and we went ziplining in San Luis, North of San Jose. My parents came in late that night to join us all... We all got up bright and early and headed out to the Rainforest for hiking and a gondola ride through the tree tops. Saturday we went to the La Paz Waterfall Gardens. We saw monkeys, tropical birds, butterflies, snakes and jaguars!

We had church on Sunday, guys/girls separate. My dad took the guys to a near by park and my mom and sister and I skyped my younger sis in from the states and we had church in the hotel lobby together. (My parents stayed with us, and my sister and bro in law were in a hotel downtown). We surprised my mom with a massage in the hotel spa after. She almost choked on her gasp she was so surprised, lol. We caught our last tour Sunday late afternoon in Heredia, at the Britt Coffee Plantation and then finished the night off with tacos back at the apartment... and my Dad's favorite you tube videos that he plays for his seminary classes :).

I felt like we had just picked everyone up when we dropped them off at the airport to leave. Nothing like having someone else see your world abroad. Somehow it makes it more real...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I thought I was making a drastic decision to just move 1000 miles away. It looks like you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete