Friday, September 9, 2011

Fork in the road

I feel like I am at an internal fork in the road... I can choose to work or I can choose to work. One work would be traditional, and the other entrepreneurial. I don't believe there is a wrong or right direction to go, but there is nonetheless a direction to be chosen. One I have been down, and one I haven't.  The funny thing, is that I am in a waiting season for both. Meaning, there is not a clear opportunity in either, so when I close my eyes, I can literally envision these 2 roads forking, but for the moment, I am just staring at them. What I do know, is that when I move, it will be in a direction fully and faithfully. I believe that God is sovereign, and in that, I believe he will allow me to make a sound decision.

It reminds me of an illustration I was given once regarding the topic of predestination in salvation. (Not that my salvation is riding on my work dilemma in any way... just a mere connection of wandering thoughts). I will retell it as I remember it...

"A man sees a doorway, and above the door is a sign entitled, "Eternal Life." The man thinks for a moment, and decidedly walks through it. Upon doing so, he turns around to close the door behind him, and above that side of the doorway there is a sign entitled, "Chosen."

Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please Him. For he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment