Sunday, June 5, 2011

2 weeks

Tomorrow marks 2 more weeks left to our travels abroad. I am not quite sure how I feel about it honestly. We are finishing up the mural, my 6 weeks of baking classes have ended, my ballet classes conclude next week, the little girls will be doing a dance to "Dame tus ojos" by Marcela G. during church. And, we are still hosting... so it is easy to forget that we are returning. Matt begins a week of physical games in the evenings with the youth here, and I am hoping to get some knitting lessons in from Hannah and finish the mural before we leave. We have also been working with a young kid in the neighborhood named Miguel, teaching him how to read. Hoping to make some headway on that as well...

We had the youth over today after church, devotionals, carnita tacos and a movie. Several of the youth don't understand why we need to leave. I told Brian that we had to find jobs and his response was, "Well, their are jobs here in Mexico..." That one I didn't expect, but I explained that we dont have working visas so it would be illegal. The following was wanting to know when we will return, how long we will stay...

I can't help but have this overwhelming desire to make sure I implement the service here in Mexico, into my community in Mpls. Why don't I think to paint Murals in Mpls. as an avenue to share the gospel and build relationships with youth? Why don't I think to start free baking classes to build relationships with my neighbors? Why don't I offer free ballet classes to little girls as ways to introduce them to worship with their whole selves? Why? Why? Why?

Just finished "Radical" by David Platt. Read it.

2 comments:

  1. WHY? Cuz our minds and priorities are somewhere else, we don't have the mindset of a missionary (the sent one) of which every believer has been sent.

    Great stuff, appreciate your writing Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, sis. Good stuff. Praise the Lord for using you guys down there. Excited to see what He wills for ya'll in Mpls. this next season :D

    ReplyDelete